Saturday, July 28, 2007

Update



As internet cafes are quite the expense here in London, I spent yesterday joining a few libraries and community centre's so I now have free access to the internet. Its a bit annoying having to leave the house just to use it, but hopefully when I get my own room it will have internet access.

I have moved into my new place this week, but its only temporary. For 5 weeks till Lou (the girl who's room it is) comes back from holidays. There are 4 other girls who are aussies and a kiwi guy there. They're all really laid back so its a pretty good place to be. Plus there are are a stack of old school vids to watch, so when the lazy mood takes hold I'm set!

So, I havent really started looking for a job yet. I'm really loving doing nothing, but I will start to look seriously next week. It should be pretty easy, apparently temps are in demand and the pay is good!

Malta was really good last weekend. We had a few dramas getting there cos of the floods on Friday. Add to that road works and being the last day of school and the roads were CHAOS! So we ended up missing our flights, and had to book new ones at a completely different airport. We didnt end up getting to our hotel in Malta until 4.30am, we were meant to be there at 9pm! Oh well, it was great once we got there.

The weather was great, 38 degrees everyday and the beaches were beautiful. It kinda reminded me a bit of the Phils cos there was karaoke everywhere, and the ppl were a little bit crazy!

But then back to London and the stupid weather. It really is 4 seasons in a day here. It will be really sunny and hot one minute. You get on the train then off and it will be pouring! You can't leave home without an umbrella.

I haven't really done much sightseeing this week, its mostly been exploring the Southfields/Wimbledon are (where I am at the moment). I did have my first Redback and Walkabout experience though! Was at the Reddy last week, and its crazy! I think i'm going again tonight, and being a saturday will be even crazier. Plus Ally's working so free drinks, yay! The walkabout was a bit of a letdown. Its an aussie theme pub which is meant to be really good, I must say I was disappointed. Although the fact that I went on a wed night, and in Wimbledon (a million miles from anywhere!) probably had something to do with it!

Anyways, I'm off to explore the Saturday markets now. Portobello Road here I come!

No comments: