Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Countdown Is On

I can not believe there is less than 2 weeks before I fly out. 12 sleeps to be exact. Looking back the time really hasn't flown by, it seems forever ago that I started planning this and so much has happened since, but I just know that the next 11 days are going to go so quickly it freaks me out just thinking about it. I'm such a mixture of emotions at the moment... excitement, nervousness, happiness, sadness... they're all conflicting so much that I don't actually know what I'm feeling.

My last week at work was last week, and despite the stress and annoyance of training a new person who just didn't want to be trained it was a great week. Everyone was SO wonderful and sweet I just wanted to stay forever. It's a comfort zone and I liked it. It's so weird to think that I'm leaving it, perhaps forever. And even if I do go back next year, things will never be the same again. I get an overwhelming sense of sadness when I think that, yeah it was quite shithouse at times but the ppl made it so worth it! Lil that means u :-) And I hate the fact that if things can't go back to the way they were then I've only got myself to blame. Even though I'm a great adapter I still hate change, even when I know its the best for me, and it's something that I really wanna do. I want to live in London, I want to travel the world, but I wanna do it in my comfort zone. Not gonna happen I know! Anyhoo, like I was saying the great week just made it hit home how much I was actually leaving behind.

But I'm sure I will get over it! In 12 days I will be leaving on a plane, and then who knows what awaits! Well, I kinda do for the first week at least... Hostel life for a few days (and know I haven't seen the movie, so kindly keep those stories to yourself), then Malta with Chris for a long weekend! Then back to her place to doss. I'm such an emotional mess at the moment, the past 2 weeks here have made me realise how many ppl here care which I guess is why I'm feeling so reluctant to leave. But then Chris is taking a day off to meet me at the airport, and then Al is taking another day off to spend with me, which just makes me feel loved all over again!

Wow, long post. So I'm just gonna end it by saying that as much as I am looking forward to Malta (the sun, the sand, and more sun!) I can not wait to get back to London afterwards, so that I can sit back and read the last ever Harry Potter book.... *tear*.

No comments: