Monday, June 4, 2007

Visa Valid

Wow, I'm impressed!

I think I may have mentioned in a previous post that last week I was applying for my Visa. Well, last Friday Tash and I made the trek to our nation's capital. And it was a trek. A journey that should not have taken us longer than 3 hours (according to whereis.com) took us 5! Yes, you read correctly. Turns out the Hume Highway (which we were on) and the Federal Highway (which we should have been on) are 2 different roads. Who'da thunk it! In our defence, the directions I'd printed off were not very clear, and it was very foggy, so we didn't see any of the signs which we'd missed (apparently there were signs) till it was too late. So an hour after we'd obliviously driven past the exit we were meant to take, we chucked an (illegal) u-turn and headed off in the right direction. Once in Canberra, the airport was quite easy to find. Luckily! The visa application went off without a hitch, apart from the fact that the lady wouldn't let me use my good photo. Apparently smiling is no longer acceptable, bared teeth is not allowed. So my serial killer photo was used. Not happy.

Well, that was Friday. Today is Tuesday, and here comes the impressive part. My Visa endorsed passport was sent back and received today! How good is that? A 2 day turn around time is awesome! Yay BHC!

So now that everything is all official like, I must get off my ass and start organising essentials. I bought a 1st Contact kickstart package today, which sets up my UK bank account and Sim card which I'll collect once I get to London. Tomorrow, I must write up a list of everything that still needs to be done, but for now it is bed time.

No comments: